Fully vaccinated people 4 times less likely to contract COVID-19, 14 times less likely to be hospitalized, experts say. Infection rates have shown that those who are fully vaccinated are almost four times less likely to get infected with COVID-19.
Visit Vaccinate Virginia to search for locations to receive a CovID-19 vaccination. Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination..
Everyone in Virginia Aged 12 or Older Is Eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine Now! Pre-Registration is No Longer Required. Here’s How to Get Your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Dose:
For more information visit the Gov. websites using link provided
Below is a link to the Fairfax County Health
Department regarding the availability of vaccinations
If You Test Positive for COVID-19 (Isolate)
Everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
- Stay home for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
If You Were Exposed to Someone with COVID-19 (Quarantine)
- Have been boosted
Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months
Completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Test on day 5, if possible.
- If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home.
Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted
Completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted
- Stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Test on day 5 if possible.
If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home